So it's about time I post these pictures since the regular farmer's market is over and now it's time for the Winter Farmer's Market. But I absolutely love the farmer's market. I mean, there's loads of great food plus the feeling of being a part of the community and helping local small businesses. Last summer it seemed like we were there every weekend trying something new. Since we were in Detroit this summer I was feeling pretty lucky that we got in a few visits before it ended.
It's the perfect place to get a taste of Salt Lake City, both literally and figuratively. It's always packed full of cool people, musicians on every corner, non-profits telling us about their work, budding small businesses, and local farmers. They turn every weekend into a festival with music and shows and art and we end up staying there for quite some time just to take it all in.
A few of our favorite tents to hit up (and please forgive me for not knowing the names of them)-
Brazilian Cheese Bread.
If they have the bacon cheese bread, we guaranteed will stop. You can also find their frozen version at Harmon's that you can make at home.
Mint Limeade.
The people here are super friendly and this is the absolute best drink on a hot summer day. And it goes great with all the other farmer's market spoils you get.
RubySnap.
Of course! Because I used to work there and they usually have my absolute favorite cookie, Memphis, which they only serve at the store for one month out of the year. We always stop to say hey.
Squeeze Me Lemonade.
Another great drink choice. Lots of ice and an amazing flavor. I'm not normally a fan of watermelon flavor but their watermelon lemonade is sooo good.
Stir fry place.
All you need to know- huge portions for very cheap. Plus the potstickers are awesome. Look for them in the center of it all with the rest of the larger food serving tents.
Utah pop art.
I've bought three prints from this lady now and love every single one. They are pop art prints featuring famous Utah locations. The three I have are of Red Iguana, Farr Better Ice Cream, and the Salt Lake temple.
No, this is not a list of all the places you need to try. There are quite a few other places I still plan to go to including Dottie's Biscuit Barn and the Ramblin' Rose. But regardless, you need to go to the Salt Lake farmer's market and get fully immersed in the Salt Lake City culture.













No comments:
Post a Comment