Dierks Bentley's Face in Real Life!
Sunday, October 12, 2014
Yep, we saw it. Dierks Bentley's beautiful scruffy face live in concert. He's among my top favorite music artists (but number one in the country music genre) and I've been wanting to see him in concert for a long time now.
So! When Josh and I found out he was going to be in Boise, ID for his Riser tour, we went for it and bought tickets during the rare time when we had some extra money and we planned out our trip. And on Friday afternoon we finally made the five hour drive northwest.
We went to dinner first at The Dish, a rather expensive but super creative restaurant downtown where we were filled with delicious banh mi fries and korean beef atop parmesan crusted mac and cheese. And then it seems the entire small city went over to Taco Bell arena with us for Dierks!
The openers were Eric Pasley and Randy Houser, neither of which I've ever really paid attention to. And though we completely missed Eric Pasley, Randy Houser was awesome and a lot of fun! Really good singer, that one.
And then Dierks! He was so awesome. Hilarious and talented and good-lookin' and I just wish he was my friend. His concert was basically one big party with lots of drinking (especially by the four 40 yo ladies who were completely plastered behind us) and him talking about his songs and band and good memories and just plain having fun. Unfortunately all the partying meant there was less time for some of my favorite songs (no Soon As You Can or Settle For a Slowdown), but it's alright. It was a lot of fun and he played all the classics. My favorite songs were probably Home when everyone took out their phone flashlights and the American Flag was everywhere and I Hold On because there was so much meaning to that song that he talked about before hand. Dierks is one sentimental guy.
So smelling like beer we went back to our hotel and watched Cinderella Man because we're party animals.
Now I've officially seen my three most favorite artists in concert- Dierks, Coldplay, and Katie Herzig. Success!







No comments:
Post a Comment