Our Trip to Lake Tahoe

Monday, September 22, 2014


I grew up two hours from Lake Tahoe and two hours from San Francisco- I know, I know, I was lucky. But when it came down to where I would want to go for a weekend it was always San Francisco. I love big cities and people watching and food food food. So I'm ashamed to say that I haven't spent too much time at Lake Tahoe. A day here and there, a wedding, a drive through on the way home from Reno with a pit stop at the Taco Bell... That's about it. 

But when we went home to California this last time, it was Kelly's birthday and his friend Kayla had a fun day planned at Tahoe! And I was so excited! Finally a chance to explore! 

We took a short hike up to Eagle Falls which overlooks Emerald Bay. Hello gorgeous! We stopped at an ice cream parlor and got GINORMOUS ice cream cones which took us a minute or two to eat and then we took a drive up to North Shore before heading back to the birthday party! It was a perfect day, sunny with a great breeze. I could've driven around those winding roads for hours- it was beautiful!




Kayla brought up chicken salad sandwiches so we lunched overlooking the bay and made friends with some chipmunks and birds that got especially close after we gave them some extra sandwich bread. I took this picture practically laying down on the rock zooming in and then the chipmunk turned and started running at me. Seriously, being zoomed in like that on him as he's running at me was especially freaky. 

But isn't he so cute!! Selfish though, he wouldn't share that giant roll with any of his friends. But then karma came along and while he was chasing another chipmunk off a bird came and stole it which started a pretty loud fight amongst the birds.
But anyways...






I definitely need to go back to Lake Tahoe and hang out more. It's so beautiful! And one day I'll actually go swimming... Soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment