So we got to planning our weekend trip to Vegas. And of course those plans mostly consisted of food, and by mostly I mean, 8/9 things we put on the itinerary were food... And now I will summarize our weekend trip.
Drive 2 hours. Realize I left my wallet (with booking credit card and ID) at home. Have panic attack and cry. Call hotel. It's all okay. Of course.
Keep driving and end up at the Monte Carlo hotel. The lobby looks awesome. Our room doesn't.
We go to the Shake Shack next door and gorge on delicious food and die over the insane chocolate concrete custard concoction. Then we walked it off at the Hershey Store, M&Ms world, and some other stores around the block.
The next morning we walked the VERY LONG BLOCK to the Mandalay Bay for the buffet we had a free voucher for. And it was a delicious brunch. And a lot of food. And I had awesome egg egg rolls that were literally eggs inside an egg roll. So we cancelled our lunch reservation and went back to the hotel to sleep it off.
Went to the Fashion Show Mall. We had gotten so well practiced at ignoring people talking to us on the strip that we were REALLY good at avoiding the people at the mall kiosks. And we didn't buy a single thing because that mall is overrated.
Booked it to a reservation at Sugar Factory which turned out to be a big mess and we left and went to Serendipity which was amazing. Totally worth the hype. The frozen hot chocolate blew my mind and I wanted it the next morning for breakfast.
Went across the street to the LINQ promenade where we ended up at a store with lots of funny and cool books and random gifts. Then went to Sprinkles where we got 4 cupcakes we shouldn't have gotten and checked out the cupcake ATM which was indeed very cool.
The next morning we went to Pink Box Doughnuts which had the most insane flavors I've seen and it was delicious. I mean, balsamic glaze, almond, feta, and date donut. Then more shopping at random places in Summerlin.
And then Bachi Burger blew our minds. I don't like burgers much but that was the best burger I've ever had. Banh Mi + Burger = Perfect. Yum yum.
Then we took Josh to the Zombie Apocalypse store that was pretty funny and cool. The guy that owned the place clearly loved his job which made it much more fun.
And a long drive home back to Bruce dog.
Overall, we enjoyed the food in Las Vegas but hated the city itself. If we go back, it will likely be for a quick stop at Serendipity and Shake Shack on the way to SoCal.


I saw three different people with Instagram pictures of the Shake Shack that same night, apparently I need to go there!!
ReplyDelete