Awesome Detroit Graffiti and Street Art

Monday, September 29, 2014









I loved all the graffiti out in Detroit. Yeah, there were the crappy tags [EVERYWHERE] but there were also awesome works of art. Every time we would go for a drive we'd end up pointing out some great graffiti and some that had shown up in the week or two since we last drove down that street. It was pretty fun. I came to appreciate that many stores and businesses had the sides of their building painted cool colors or that they had commissioned artists to spray a work of art onto it. There was just so much color everywhere and I loved that! Plus it was a cool reminder that we live in a well-known city. Let's just not talk about what it's known for.

These pictures were mostly taken around the Eastern Market area, though I wish I'd had my camera with me more often to catch other areas of the city. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment